Boulder, Colorado, home to the University of Colorado as well as tons of local shops and restaurants drawing thousands of tourists annually, is known as the fittest city in America with a 12% obesity rate. Located at the base of the great Rocky Mountains at 5430 feet above sea level, it is a mecca for farm-to-table meals at restaurants, farmer's markets, and world-class endurance athletes. There are miles of running and biking trails all around, with over 300 days annually of sunshine, low humidity and four distinct seasons. All of these factors create prime conditions for endurance training and racing, including swimming and triathlons.
According to Wikipedia, Boulder consistently tops rankings, such as:
- The 10 Happiest Cities – # 1 – Moneywatch.bnet.com
- Top Brainiest Cities – No. 1 – Portfolio.com
- Ten Best Cities for the Next Decade – 4th – Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine
- Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index – No. 1 – USA Today
- Best Cities to Raise an Outdoor Kid – No. 1 – Backpacker Magazine
- America's Top 25 Towns to Live Well – No. 1 – Forbes.com
- Top 10 Healthiest Cities to Live and Retire – No. 6 – AARP magazine
- America's Foodiest Town – No. 1 – Bon Appetit magazine
Boulder has topped many more lists in addition to these, and those can be found here.
And of course, Boulder has hosted several IRONMAN® Boulder Triathlon events. Our hometown has also hosted portions of the USA ProCycling Challenge. And on and on. :)
International Hot Tub Company started in Denver in 1978 and moved into the Boulder and Littleton areas in 1986 and has been serving the Denver metro and surrounding mountain areas since then. Currently located at 3550 Arapahoe, a short drive from campus, trails and Pearl Street Mall, we have a wide selection of hot tubs, swim spas and fireplaces to fit every lifestyle and budget.
As well as several wet hot tubs to try, we also host an Endless Pools Fitness System swim spa, perfect for your endurance training, free of sudden Colorado weather changes. Come try the hot tubs and the fitness experience for yourself - Monday through Sunday, 9:30 am to 6 pm, or by appointment after hours. We know we can show you why you can count on IHT for the best lifetime experience and why we deliver wellness. Give us a call at 303-449-7095.