Now that the holidays are over, it's three long months till spring. More intentionality with our lifestyles this time of year can help prevent some of the negative side effects people often face in winter. Are you finding yourself or loved ones sick this week? Boosting your immunity and avoiding a trip to the doctor is easier and more fun than you may realize.
Airborne illness spreads quickly indoors, but small changes to your diet and lifestyle can help ward off illness. Just 20 minutes daily of hot tub time reduces stress, increases flexibility, decreases anxiety, promotes muscle recovery, boosts your immunity and improves the quality of your sleep.
Here are eight ways to boost your immune system!
- Move your body. Exercise is the universal recommendation for virtually everything health-wise. It flushes your lungs, reduces your chance of airborne illness and increases your circulation. There are lots of exercises you can do in a hot tub. You can also build an exercise routine in a swim spa over long winter nights.
- Diet. Boost immunity with these winter foods: oats, barley, shellfish, tea, chicken soup, sweet potatoes, yogurt, mushrooms, garlic, and oranges.
- Laugh, laugh, laugh! Live, laugh, love! This is such an enjoyable process that boosts the immune system.
- Get outdoors. Sunshine in the winter is needed too; Vitamin D charges up your immune system. Even better, use the hot tub in early morning hours.
- Wash your hands and avoid touching your face to keep germs at bay.
- Sleep. Soaking in the hot tub prepares your body for a sound night’s rest.
- Excessive alcohol consumption impairs your immune system and increases the likelihood of lung infections.
- Tobacco raises the risk of bronchitis and pneumonia while impairing basic immune defenses.
- Find out the best way to relieve stress. Maybe it's soaking in the hot tub…spending time with loved ones…reading a book…exercise…or even getting a dog! Stress’s effect on the immune system is well documented.
Invest in your health, unwind and boost immunity in 2017 with our Hot Tub soaking options.