The holidays are over and a new year is upon us. It’s easier to be down in the dumps this time of year; depression is more common, and if you're single on Valentine's Day, that doesn't help either!Do you feel…
- Carbohydrate cravings?
- Less interest in normal activities?
A lack of daylight during winter months brings on mild changes to brain chemistry and hormones, also known as seasonal affective disorder.
Adopt these lifestyle habits to fight for improved wellness in 2017:
- Exercise! Layer up and head out in morning hours if possible. Moving the body and increasing your heart rate releases ‘feel-good’ hormones and helps you feel better.
- Eat clean. Eat whole foods and keep hydrated while limiting the sugars and simple carbs.
- New adventures. A new hobby (work up to those black diamonds at Copper like I am!), go on a hike at the Flatirons, buy a hot tub or visit a new city.
- Breaks! Soak in the hot tub before or after a long day. Remove yourself from tech devices one day per week. Stroll after dinner with the dog, and take stretching breaks at work.
- Branch out. Social connections relieve stress and provide support. Join a book club, volunteer or grab coffee with a friend.
To learn more about how hot tubs can help you achieve your wellness goals in 2017. Here is a good starting point to hot tub wellness.